If there are weather-related delays to the audition schedule, we will contact applicants with updates.
- If you do not hear from us, please assume auditions are running as originally scheduled.
- If you need to change your audition time due to weather delays, please call (302) 831-2578, thank you!
Music Department Audition Days - Jan/Feb 2017
Dates listed here are for music major auditions. Students interested in ensemble placement, music minors, merit and/or honors private study should look under the "Current Students" tab and email the Department with questions!
All prospective undergraduate music majors must complete a music audition as part of their application to the University of Delaware. Specific audition repertoire is required for each instrument; please visit Application Instructions and Timeline for details.
To schedule an audition, please complete our Audition Request Form (Deadline: January 15)
Audition confirmations (including audition times, locations, and driving directions) will be emailed to applicants after January 5th.
In addition to the performance audition, the following programs have other requirements included in the Admissions process:
- B.M. Music Education applicants must audition on their primary instrument and interview with the Music Education faculty (Piano and Guitar students wishing to apply for the Music Education Program must also prepare a secondary audition on either a band or orchestra instrument or on voice to be completed at the time of their piano or guitar audition.)
- B. M. Music Composition applicants must submit prescreening materials, audition on their primary instrument, and interview with the Composition faculty; scores of three compositions for varying instruments or ensembles are required at the interview.
- B. M. Music Theory and B. M. Music History & Literature applicants must audition on their primary instrument, submit a writing sample via email, and interview with Theory or History faculty respectively.
Graduate applicants, apply here.