Requirements for the MUSIC MINOR: JAZZ STUDIES Note: After downloading .pdf file, see p. 153 for full course requirements.
- All major and harmonic minor scales
- Demonstrate knowledge of chords
Minor 7, Dominant 7, Major 7
- Sight reading a standard jazz ensemble part
- Improvise over a standard form such as a blues progression
- Prepare one transcribed solo-- published or something you have transcribed
Piano, Guitar, Bass:
- Comp chord changes in a swing, Latin or funk style
- Demonstrate different feels:
Swing, Latin, funk
- Be able to solo in these styles, trade fours, eights, etc. ...
- Demonstrate the basic snare drum rudiments
- Perform a 12-bar blues song of you choice — Recommendation or something similar to: Billies Bounce
- Play the melody ("head")
- Improvise on at least three choruses
- Play the melody ("head") and end the song
- Perform a chord-melody on a song of your choice.
Application For Minor