A choir for empowerment and community. Promoting physical,
emotional and overall well -being for people with Parkinson’s and their
If you have questions, please contact:
- To provide people with Parkinson’s disease and their families an outlet to engage and thrive in a supportive community
- To raise public awareness related to the disease and demonstrate the success individuals can achieve together.
- The choir will be led by the departments of Music and Communication Sciences and Disorders.
Benefits of Group Singing
- Research supports group singing for people with Parkinson’s disease.
- Research reports benefits in movement, mood, thinking, social
connection, and sense -of-self from participation in group singing.
- Participants from the Shake, Rattle and Roll Parkinson’s Disease
Choir in Newcastle, Australia reported finding acceptance, validation,
and emotional support.
What to Expect
- Individuals with Parkinson’s disease and care partners
welcome to attend.
- Starting on Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Every Tuesday from 6:30-7:30pm
- Rehearsals will be held at STAR Campus, at the University of Delaware
- Fall semester concert on 12/10/19 at 7pm will conclude the
12-week program and take place in Puglisi Orchestra Hall in the David & Louise Roselle Center for the Arts.
- Graduate students from departments of Music and
CSCD will facilitate practices and performances.
- All skill levels and abilities welcome!
- Member input considered for song selection!
- Individuals may have an opportunity to participate in
research, pending approval.
This Page Last Modified On: