Sign In
  • UD Search

Bayard Sharp Hall

Image Picker for Section 0

​Historic Bayard Sharp Hall houses the Jefferson Pipe Organ.

Built circa 1843, the structure served as St. Thomas Episcopal Church until 1956. For several years after, it was home to the Newark Library, and in 1996 UD purchased the building and began renovations, including the installation of the Dobson Pipe Organ.

Bayard Sharp Hall has been in the National Register of Historic Places since 1982


Dobson Pipe organ in Bayard Sharp Hall
Student recital in Bayard Sharp Hall
Rental Information

​Seating Capacity:

  • Theatre style: 100
  • Table seated: 75
  • Standing reception: 120

Prices begin at $275

GPS Address:

Parking Information

Information/Rental request

Location

​Corner of South Main Street and Delaware Avenue, Newark, DE

Page Settings and MetaData:
(Not Shown on the Page)
Page Settings
Bayard Sharp Hall
No
MetaData for Search Engine Optimization
Bayard Sharp Hall
  • Department of Music
  • Amy E. du Pont Music Building
  • University of Delaware
  • Newark, DE 19716, USA
  • Phone: 302-831-2578
  • ud-music@udel.edu