All Music Majors
Snare Drum - Applicant must be
able to demonstrate the following:
One rudimental solo from any of the following authors: Harr, Wilcoxon, Pratt,
One concert solo from any of the following authors: Cirone, Podemski, Albright,
A loud closed roll
A soft closed roll
Playing of the following rudiments from memory:
Flam accent #1 and 2
Timpani - Applicant must be able
Tune two drums a fourth and fifth apart
Perform a solo from any of the following authors: Firth, Goodman, etc.
Keyboard Mallet - Applicant must
be able to demonstrate the following:
All major scales one octave
A two octave chromatic scale
Two octave major and minor arpeggios in all inversions in all keys
A two or four mallet solo of your choice
Drum Set (optional)
Minors, Merit and Honors
Same snare drum requirement as major
Tune timpani to intervals of P5 and P4
Two octave scales on a keyboard mallet instrument up to 4
sharps and 4
- Keyboard Mallets
- A two and a four mallet solo, preferably from a recent senior recital.
- Three xylophone excerpts.
- Three bell excerpts
- A four-drum timpani solo
- Four timpani excerpts.
- Snare Drum
- Two solo snare drum pieces, one in a rudimental style, and one in concert
- Four snare drum excerpts.
- Drumset (percussion studio GA
- Demonstrate proficiency, particularly in Caribbean grooves
This Page Last Modified On: