Bachelor of Music in Applied String Bass (Performance)
Bachelor of Music in Music Education, Composition, Theory, and History and Literature; Bachelor of Arts; Minors; Merit and
Honors Private Study
- Etudes - one from the following:
- Simandl 30 Etudes
- One etude from another source that is equivalent in difficulty to Simandl 30 Etudes
- Solos - one from the following:
- A Baroque Sonata or Concerto
- A Classical Sonata or Concerto
- A piece of the student's choice from George Vance's "Progressive Repertoire for the Double Bass, Vol. 3"
Applied Music (Performance)
- The first movement of a concerto of the applicant's choice, including cadenza if appropriate.
- The first movement of a standard String Bass sonata of the applicant's choice.
- Two contrasting movements from any of the Bach Cello Suites.
- One additional piece of the applicant's choosing. This can be a jazz tune, modern piece, show piece, or any other work that showcases the strengths of the applicant.
This Page Last Modified On: