An adjustment of audition repertoire below can be approved by faculty upon request
Bachelor of Music in Applied Violin (Performance)
One Etude of your choice from Kreutzer 42 Studies OR Rode 24 Caprices, memorization required.
The first movement of a standard concerto with cadenza (if applicable), Classical or Romantic periods, memorization required.
One work of the applicant's choice, memorization required.
Bachelor of Music in Music Education, Composition, Theory, and History and Literature
- Prepare two major and two minor key three-octave scales with major and minor key arpeggios from Carl Flesch Scale System's section #5, memorization required. UD faculty will pick the key of scale during the audition.
- First movement of a violin concerto from the Baroque, Classical or Romantic period with cadenza (if applicable), memorization preferred but not required.
Bachelor of Arts; Minors; Merit and Honors Private Study
- Prepare one major or minor key three-octave scale with major and minor key arpeggios from Carl Flesch Scale System section #5.
- Any prepared violin solo piece of your choice, memorization not required
Applied Music (Performance)
- One Fugue from Bach's unaccompanied Sonatas, memorization required.
- One Paganini Caprice or one showpiece no shorter than 5 minutes of the applicant's choice, memorization required
- One movement of a standard major concerto from the Romantic or 20th century periods with a standard cadenza (if applicable), memorization required.
This Page Last Modified On: