- Any two contrasting selections from the following list, or
approximately 10 minutes of music. If choosing an etude, you must also perform
- Voxman/Rubank Selected Studies
- Ferling 48 Selected Studies
- Eccles Sonata
- Jacobi Sonata
- Handel/Rascher any Sonata
- Bach/Mule any Sonata
- Creston Sonata
- Glazunov Concerto
- Bozza Improvisation et Caprice
- Maurice Tableaux de Provence
- Milhaud Scaramouce
- Heiden Sonato- any suitable solo or etude of equivalent or greater
difficulty may be substituted.
- All major scales (two octaves where possible) tongued or
- Two octave or full range chromatic scale slurred.
Optional: Students interested in a jazz minor or experienced
in jazz may prepare a jazz etude, transcribed solo, or improvise over a tune of
Contact the saxophone instructor Todd Groves if you have questions.