Any two contrasting selections from the following list, or
approximately 10 minutes of music. If choosing an etude, you must also perform
Any suitable solo or etude of equivalent or greater
difficulty may be substituted.
- Voxman/Rubank Selected Studies
- Ferling 48 Selected Studies
- Eccles Sonata
- Jacobi Sonata
- Handel/Rascher any Sonata
- Bach/Mule any Sonata
- Creston Sonata
- Glazunov Concerto
- Bozza Improvisation et Caprice
- Maurice Tableaux de Provence
- Milhaud Scaramouche
- Heiden Sonate
- All major scales (two octaves where possible) tongued or
- Two octave or full range chromatic scale slurred.
Optional: Students interested in a jazz minor or experienced
in jazz may prepare a jazz etude, transcribed solo, or improvise over a tune of
Contact the saxophone instructor Todd Groves if you have questions.