[Approved by the Department of Music Faculty on February 21, 2014.]
In the Department of Music, performers, educators, scholars, and creators of musiccollaborate to achieve the highest levels of artistry while engaging local, regional, and globalcommunities. We emphasize:
- Integrating the artistic, academic, performance, and education-based components ofthe music curriculum to develop musicianship, professionalism, and creative thinking;
- Cultivating student-driven projects, chamber music and ensembles, scholarlyenterprises, and other collaborative initiatives;
- Engaging new technologies and a wide array of musical experiences to promote anentrepreneurial spirit in a changing musical landscape;
- Connecting students with professional mentors, concert artists, and scholars;
- Participating in and establishing cultural communities through innovative partnerships;
- Embracing intellectual, artistic, ethnic, and cultural diversity.